Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Cherish the moments!

So today I had tons of stuff planned to do. It is now almost noon, I have gotten hardly any of it done and my sweet baby is sleeping away on my lap. I tried several times to move her but she is only happy sleeping here. Then it struck me how in just a few short months she will probably be too big to sleep on my lap and how much I will miss it. It is so easy to get caught up in the day to day busyness and pass up these sweet moments. Okay, okay I know I am starting to sound really cheesy but I have been thinking about this a lot lately. In the first few weeks of Abby's life, I used to wish that I could fast forward to the future and see that Abby was living a wonderful life despite MCAD. It made me think of that movie "Click". I know, bad movie but it had a great message. How could I miss all of these days that will never happen again? On Sunday Jason and I were talking about how nice it will be when we can lay Abby down with us and all take a family nap (Sunday nap time is pretty much non existent right now) but how when she does get bigger we will probably miss when we could just hold her. I already miss when she would lay her head on shoulder and just relax, now she has her head up and wants to look around. It gets hard at times to balance keeping a clean, orderly house and enjoying your child. Those of you who know me know that I cannot stand messiness and it is extremely hard for me to relax if there is still chores to be done. I've realized though that I need to relax a bit, the chores will never be completely done and I cannot rewind time and enjoy these moments again. So, some chores will have to wait for tomorrow while I let my baby continue sleeping soundly on my lap.

P.S. Abby is starting to get better, her fever is pretty much gone but she still has a stuffy nose and wakes up several times at night. Thank you all for your prayers!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't agree more!! Yay!
    Oh, and I'm glad Abby is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete