Friday, March 4, 2011

(RE)discovering the joy of cooking.

Once upon a time, I LOVED to cook. And then I became a stay at home mom. I started to get into a rut, making the same meals and getting very BORED!! Then I discovered something here called the Bountiful Basket. (Sorry most of my readers, I don't think they have this where you live). It has been one of the best things that has happened for our kitchen. Once a week you pay $15 and you get a variety of fresh fruit and vegetables! (I usually can't help but order the extras they have too). Well, it has done two things for us. Number one: we are eating way more produce. Number two: It has sparked my creativity. You don't have control over what you get so it is a challenge to come up with recipes to use what we get.
For example, one day, instead of the same old PB&J for lunch, I was able to whip up this!
It is Linguine with Roasted Vegetables, recipe courtesy of my fabulous neighbor with some variation using what we had!
Well, at least Abby loved the noodles but at least the vegetables were there for her to try!
It really is fun to try new recipes using what we get!


No comments:

Post a Comment