Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Snow


I was quite proud of myself that I could shovel our whole driveway while being 8 months pregnant and still keep a smile on my face.

Ok, so it's not true. All I could really shovel was half of the stairs that lead to our front door. I was able to throw down ice melt though!

Here is the real hero of the day.



Unfortunately, Jason did have to work part of Christmas but he was able to stop by with the ATV to clear out our driveway. There was so much snow though that even the atv was having trouble. He ended up having to do some of it by hand.




In this picture, you can see just how much snow we had in our driveway and yard. I used to love the snow until we moved into our own house. No more HOA to take care of all the snow in your apartment complex.





And here is Jason's truck. It hasn't been move since it started snowing and by the looks of it, won't be moved anytime soon.

Even though Jason did have to work, it didn't end up quite as bad as I feared. He was able to be home in the morning for breakfast and presents and to be home at night for dinner. We both would have rather he could have been home all day but it was better than normal days when it snows that much and he is gone for 15 hours. For the first time in the Albert household, I actually made dinner all by myself on a holiday. You see, I was very lucky and married a man who loves to cook probably more than I do. Thus, he usually ends up making part of holiday (and sunday) dinners. Yeah for me. However, since he was gone most of the day, I cooked it all by myself. I was quite proud of myself so I just needed to brag. Hope everyone else had a wonderful Christmas and we were quite sad that we couldn't spend the holiday with family. Love you all.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks like alot of snow!! Yea, was shocked it was actually cold here in sothern california for Christmas normally it is in the 80's! hahaha! I like the weather though wish we got more of it!

    Sorry Al had to work but glad it wasent too bad for you guys!

    Gold stars for cooking dinner all by yourself!! I'm cookingly challanged! My expertise is microwave top roman hahaha!

    We miss you guys! And I'm SO glad you started this blog its GREAT!

    Hugs
    MAC

    ReplyDelete