Monday, April 13, 2009

Okay, okay, I am still trying to get the pictures of Abby's blessing gown up but I am having some technical difficulties. Hopefully one of these days I will be successful. Easter was okay. We had a great dinner as far as Hams go. I am honestly not a huge ham fan, I always think they taste a little salty but Jason made a tasty one yesterday. Now that we have Abby it hits home alot harder that we don't live closer to any family. We did have Ryan and Camille over which is the next best thing. Jason and I have been talking alot lately how if it weren't for the economy, we would probably move closer to Chico. However, the job market out there wouldn't be looking to good for him and there is no way we would be able to sell our house right now. Maybe some day. Well I wanted to point everyone in the direction of the MCAD support website. I have noticed that I have got a little complacent lately about Abby's condition. She has been doing so well I start to get to the point where I start thinking she will be this healthy everyday and because of that, I start to let my guard down a little. I am thankful everyday that she is as healthy as she is. Overall, children with MCAD look and act like "normal" children until they have a metabolic crisis from either not eating, illness or a combination of the two. Besides her stay in the NICU, Abby has been doing great. She has even stayed healthy while Jason has had a cold and a sinus infection. Last week there was an incident (not with Abby) which made me re realize that yes, this is a serious condition which DOES require constant vigilance. For anyone who is interested, you can visit www.fodsuppport.org to learn more about MCAD. There are two very informative videos created by the founder Deb Gould. I don't want to tell anybody what to do but I would really like family members to check it out because you may be the most likely to have contact with her when she may be close to a crisis state. The best part of the website for me is a link where you can see pictures of people (mostly children) who have MCAD or other fatty oxidation disorders. To see that they are growing and are healthy and happy are very hope inspiring for me. Okay, i'll get off of my soap box now. Other good news, I took Abby in to be weighed on thursday and she is now 10 pounds, 10 ounces. I told my dad and he commented that now she is ALMOST as big as he was when he was born. Grandma, you are a trooper, I look at her now and think there is no way I could have given birth to a child that large. Love you all!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your Easter went well. Glad Abby is doing good. We definitely think it is a good idea to read up on the MCAD info. It helps us understand more of what Abby has and what you guys have to go through with her condition. Wish we lived closer. Keep us updated. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete