Sunday, October 4, 2009

Abby is 8 months old!!

I can't believe this little munchkin of ours is 8 months old already. It seems like just yesterday we were bringing her home but at the same time it is hard to imagine what our lives were like without her. It certainly is an adventure! She has such a personality and she loves to laugh!! (Good thing she has a daddy who loves to make people laugh) She can now sit on her own pretty well!
No matter how hard I try, this child will only sleep on her stomach. I'll lay her down and she will just roll over automatically. At first I tried moving her to her back but she would just roll over again. It is a hopeless battle. Sometimes she will roll over and stick her face straight down in the mattress! I always have to turn her head to the side. It is kind of hard to tell in this picture but she will also often sleep with her bum up in the air. I think it is hilarious!!

She isn't quite crawling yet but she will get up on her hands and knees. To get around she either rolls or scoots like an inch worm. I push the coffee table to the side of the living room so she will have room to move around but it never fails, that is the first place she will roll too. I read somewhere that kids like to be in smaller spaces. I can remember for a long time when I was a kid (probably till I was in my early teens) my favorite place to take naps was under tables. I know, so weird!



If you look hard, you can see her bottom teeth, I tried getting a picture of her top teeth too but she doesn't stay still for too long!



She is quite the character and we have so much fun with her!
In other news, my brother and his wife had their baby on Saturday so she and Abby are exactly 8 months apart! That is pretty fun. It is the first time I am an auntie to one of my siblings kids so that is pretty exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of her!!
The weather has changed here so dramatically. I think it dropped about 40 degrees from one day to the next. We had to quickly pull all of the vegetables out of our garden. I currently have 35 pounds of green tomatoes that I am hoping will ripen so I will be able to can them. I am keeping my fingers crossed!
There is something so exciting about this time of year. I LOVE Halloween and Thanksgiving but most of all, I love the fall colors and I love wearing my favorite sweaters! (Sweaters are just so cozy and comfortable!) I am currently on the hunt for the perfect Halloween costume for Abby. It is a little hard when you have the perfect idea in your head but can't seem to find exactly what you are looking for. Hopefully soon :)
I will try to get more pictures on here soon! Love you all!

3 comments:

  1. She's just falling asleep saying prayers when her bum is in the air! :) She's sure a cutie. What do you have in mind for Halloween? And the weather did change on a dime! Brr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want Abby to be a lady bug but all of the lady bug costumes I find are pink and have hearts where the dots should be. Plus, I want it to be warm enough for her at the trunk or treat. I have a few more stores to check out. Hopefully I will find it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,
    I think Abby and Clover will look ALOT alike!! They have the same eyes! It will be interesting to see them together.

    Abby is getting so big! I really can't wait till Clover is bigger and is awake for more than an hour a day haha!

    I once again am so jealous of your weather. It has been in the high 90's here and humid as all heck. I am getting cabin fever being traped in the house!! I wish it would cool off so we could at least go out side!

    Oh pickle the green tomatoes! We had a ton of green tomatoes last year at my parents and we pickled them. They were so good!

    ReplyDelete