Monday, October 12, 2009

The Sacrifice I can't make.

If it were possible for a vegetable to be an arch enemy, mine would be carrots. I HATE raw carrots (i'll eat them cooked but I don't LOVE those). I can't even stand the smell of them. Jason makes fun of me to no end because of this. Well, as I was making Abby some baby carrot food today, I decided to try one to see if maybe my tastes have changed. How can I as a mom tell my child to eat a vegetable when I won't touch it? So I took a small, tentative bite. Yep, I still hate them. I guess this just means that if there is a healthy food that Abby tries but can't stand, I can't make her because I would be a total hypocrite. Maybe someday my taste buds will start to like them but today definitely wasn't the day!

3 comments:

  1. We compromise in our house. I make two vegetables for dinner when we have green beans, I love them and Ryan hates them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love carrots but baby food carrots would make me gag!! Very funny! Abby is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete