Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!!!

So our 4th of July wasn't too exciting but I couldn't resist dressing Abby up for church. I don't know what I am going to do if I have a boy next, dressing girls up is so much fun!!
Allright, I am not the most photogenic person but Abby is so stinkin' cute in this picture, I had to put it on!!



Mindy, thanks for sharing the idea of taking pictures this way, it is fun to have a different pose.
Abby loves to fly (and drool if you can't see it in the picture). This is about the only arm exercise I get but I do it several times a day so you would think my arms would look better than they do. By the way, the combination of drool and flying is very risky for the parent!



Yep, this kid is pretty cute!!
So our 4th of July wasn't too bad. I had to work during the day or else we probably would have invited some people over for grillin' time. We grilled some delish tri-tip and corn and watched a movie. I really wish they had some fire works closer to our house because we didn't really feel like fighting the traffic to go to another town to watch them, especially with a little baby. I also wish we lived closer to some family. I want Abby to have the experience of spending holidays with her grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins. It seems like every holiday since she has been born, Jason and I have that feeling inside that we need to see if there is some way we could move closer to Chico. Hopefully in a couple of years it can happen. We also hope that as Abby gets older, we will feel better about traveling across the country with her to visit the Joseph side of the family. It is just so hard right now to risk all those hours traveling on an air plane and not be able to get proper medical attention if she won't eat (right now, it is really hard to get her to eat if we aren't at home so we are pretty much home bodies right now or don't travel too far, she definitely likes to be in her comfort zone).
Something else I thought about this 4th of July is how much I want to impress upon Abby and our future children as they grow up the importance and meaning of holidays. It seems like in todays society, holidays are usually just seen as an excuse to party and eat but each one has a special meaning. We are going to have to figure out a way to start some traditions for each holiday that will teach our kids about their importance. Well that is it for now. We love you all and we will write more later.




1 comment:

  1. Oh dear, I just typed a really long response and then lost it... ARG!!! Anyway, I will just give you the gist, because I can't remember everything I had typed!

    Please move back here!!! We miss you too much... you can come over to our place all the time to swim, play pool, foosball, ping pong, the wii... and play Settlers all the time!!!

    Abby is too adorable! I wish you guys would come out for christmas... :o) Think of the great time we would have! xoxo Love you!

    ReplyDelete