Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Am I CRAZY or do all mom's with babies have nights like this??

Here is how the average night goes for us here in the Albert household.

Between 9:30 and 10:00: Feed Abby and put her down to sleep.
Between 10:00 and 10:30: Do my night rituals and go to sleep myself.
Around 12:30: Wake up freaking out because I think I slept through my alarm (I have to set an alarm to feed Abby since she can't miss a feeding) only to look at the clock and realize that I have another hour.
1:30: My alarm goes off, time to feed Abby. Didn't I just feed her though? Then I realize it was just a dream and she really does need to eat.
Sometime before her next feeding, wake up with another freak out. Did I fall asleep while feeding her last time and she is lost somewhere in the sheets and blanket?
4:30: Alarm goes off again, time to feed her again.
6:00: Jason's alarm goes off, time for him to go to work. Just have to get Abby to fall back asleep now for at least another hour.

That is the average night. Sometimes not as dramatic, sometimes more. For example, some times I wake up, look over at her and think something awful has happened to her face and then I realize it is just a bad combination of a dark room, my awful vision (I really need Lasik or those contacts you can wear while you sleep) and the fact that Abby has turned her head to face the other direction so I am in fact looking at her ear instead of her eye. Last night was extra weird. We watched one of the Harry Potter movies before going to bed (I quite often dream about things I read or watch). I had a dream that Abby's baby wash cloths were magic (I know, so weird) and there were a bunch of house elves who were trying to kidnap Abby and take her away. I jumped up in bed and tried to wake up Jason. Luckily I was unsuccessful because I soon realized how ridiculous that dream was and went back to sleep. So am I crazy or do other mom's have nights like this??

2 comments:

  1. No you aren' crazy. I'll give you a run down of my nights. 8:00 girls bedtime. 9:00 Ashers bedtime. 11:00, make bottles go to bed myself. 12:30, wake up make a bottle feed Piper. 3:30, Piper cries I let her cry for a while to see if she'll go back to sleep. 4:00 feed her, then Averi. 5:30, Matt's alarm. 6:00 feed Piper, 6:30 someone's back up. 7:00, someone's fussing. 7:30, turn on show for Asher, I go back to sleep, 8-8:30 girls are up, and Asher' bringing me eggs from the fridge and is hungry. I feel for you! That's a decent night if I can fall back to sleep after getting up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I would fall asleep in bed nursing my baby. Then on the nights when I didn't fall asleep with her in our bed I would wake up frantically looking for my baby in our bed. Robert did it a few times too.

    ReplyDelete