Monday, June 29, 2009

Forgot to tell you....

Oops, there was some more stuff Iwas going to write about. I forgot to let everyone know that the doctor said just to keep an eye on Abby with her eye movements. He said that what they worry about with MCAD kids is seizures but what she is doing doesn't seem like seizures. He said that sometimes little babies do weird things (boy is that true.)
Also, for the next thing I am going to write about I have to explain a little history first. For those of you who don't know, Jason and I dated a LONG time before we got married (extremely long in LDS dating culture). We met for the first time in the fall of 2003, started dating in January of 2004 and didn't get married until July of 2006. I often tease Jason that he should have just married me earlier but things didn't work out that way. Well the other day I was looking at the website www.savebabies.org (it is the website for the March of Dimes which promotes Expanded Newborn Screening). On that website we found out that Utah didn't test for MCAD until 2006!! This just reinforces to me the fact that Heavenly Father knows more than we do and what is best for us. I was surprised to find out that California didn't routinely test for it until 2005 because I had heard they were the first state! Sorry if that wasn't that exciting of a story for you but Jason and I found it very interesting. I will write more later. Love you all!

1 comment: