Thursday, June 11, 2009

Abby's 4 month check up

Surprise, surprise! Abby had her 4 month appointment yesterday. Her appointment wasn't until monday but they called me yesterday morning and said they had a bunch of cancellationsand asked if we wanted to come in. Why not? It is probably better this way because I didn't have time to freak myself out about her getting her shots. (It still breaks my heart when she cries but they are nowhere near as bad as blood draws) She said Abby is looking great!! She is definately her mothers child. She is going to be a tall skinny child like I was. She is not as big as her Albert cousins however she has jumped percentiles significantly. She is currently in the 84th percntile for length but only the 56th for weight. That is great though considering she started out in the 8th percentile. She hasn't gained as much weight as I expected, she is a little over 14 pounds (I don't remember the exact ounces because I was focused on kilograms so I could figure out her tylenol dose and the paper they gave me has a percentage not the actual ounces). The pediatrician is still a little worried about her eye movements. I guess there was a breakdown in communication between the Dr. offices.

The opthamologist was supposed to call her with his findings but never did. She said we should check with the geneticist and see if he thinks she should see a neurologist so we will ask him at her appointment on the 22nd. Overall though she is growing and developing and acting very healthy, Yeah!! Well that is the quick update. Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad she is doing good and growing!! At 14 pounds can she sleep any longer with out eating? Hope she keeps up the good work!

    ReplyDelete