Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Blessed!

(Note: The above photo is several months old, while my husband does possess amazing beard growing skills, they don't work that fast!)
Sometimes it takes a day of not much going on to really realize how great your life is. Yesterday was one of those days. The day started out not that exciting. It was rainy, we had zero errands to run and I wasn't going to be babysitting the boys. We started the day by getting ready and doing the morning chores. Then I decided that it was the perfect day to watch a movie so I put one on while I folded laundry. I sat down with a bowl of popcorn, turned on the movie and smiled as my sweet little girl came and snuggled up next to me. Granted, she probably only sat still that long so she could eat some popcorn but I couldn't help but think about all the years to come when I can snuggle with my children on the couch and watch a movie together!
After the movie, I started putting the laundry away. Here came Abby walking down the hall, carrying a pile of folded laundry. Of course the whole pile was unfolded by the time she got where she was going but she was so happy to help, it just melted my heart!
After lunch came Abby's nap time. I love how she just wants to give me hugs and kisses before her nap. I don't know how the change occurred but a few weeks ago she went from screaming at nap time to giving me hugs and kisses then saying goodbye as I leave the room and blowing several more kisses!
A little bit after nap time, Jason called to say he was on his way home and that we should get bundled up and meet him outside. Yet another thing that melts my heart is to see how much Abby loves her Daddy and how much her Daddy loves her! I feel so very very blessed to have this wonderful family!!
As we were getting ready to go to bed last night I started thinking about all that had gone on that day and how lucky I am to be able to be a stay at home mom. Each month when I am going over the budget there is a small part of me that thinks about how less stressful the budgeting would be if I were to go back to work full time, maybe even part time. Then I think about all of the things I would miss. I would miss all of the cute little things Abby does. I would miss all of the things that she learns how to do (it seems lately that she learns a new word every day or two!). I would miss welcoming my husband home from work. I would miss cooking my family dinner and then spending the evening together. Each of those things is worth so much more than anything we could buy with the extra money I could get from working. There may come a day when I have to give these things up for things to be different in the long run but for now I consider myself unbelievably blessed!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post! It's a great reminder for me to count my blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely touches the heart. It is such a wonderful feeling isn't it to know you have such a loving family?? You all love each other so much and it is a great blessing. Thanksgiving is coming and it will be great. You do a wonderful job at raising Abby and being a stay at home mom/wife. I give you so much credit. Abby is getting so big and such a cute girl.

    ReplyDelete