Thursday, November 25, 2010

I am thankful for...

First off I have to say that I DO have new pictures but I forgot to bring my camera downstairs where the only working computer is and seeing as how everyone else in my home is still asleep, I don't want to go rustling around upstairs to find it. They shall be on here shortly! But, I figured what better way to start off Thanksgiving day than listing all of the things I can think of that I am grateful for.
  1. My amazing husband and my beautiful little girl. Sometimes I just feel so lucky that I married such a wonderful man and that Heavenly Father sent me such an amazing child! It is amazing the love a parent can have for their children.
  2. The new little bundle of joy we are expecting in about 3 and 1/2 months! Wow, that soon already? Can't wait to meet you little one! (I have some great ultrasound pics to post of our new little girl but they, too, are upstairs on the fridge)
  3. Our home, sure I can find things I don't like about it- mainly it's size but it is OUR home (more to come on this in an upcoming post- yep, need the camera for that one too!)
  4. That we live in such a great country as well as in such a great period of time. Jason and I are agreed, if I had been a pioneer I probably wouldn't have survived! I'm kind of wimpy. The same is probably true if I lived in a third world country. How lucky we are to live in a country and an age where we have SO MUCH!! The only downside to this is that I think it is human nature to want MORE so sometimes it is hard to see how truly lucky we are!
  5. For great family and friends I have who accept me for who I am, faults and all, and still somehow like me!
  6. All of those little things in life that make it enjoyable yet we often don't think of them. Things like apple cider, a good book or movie, hugs, catching up with a good friend...all of those small things that happen that bring a smile to my face.
  7. Lastly, I am thankful for the lessons that can be learned from trials. I'm not saying that I like trials or that I want any more of them but it's like that saying "What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger". I have learned a lot from the trials that I have had over the years and that experience is needed to continue in life, hopefully not repeating some of my own past mistakes.

I am sure that I am missing so much from this list and I will probably think about them during the day today but this list is what I can come up with at 7:00 am. Love you all and hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment