Sunday, May 17, 2009

Happy Birthday to me..

Well, I officially feel old. On friday I turned the big 30. I used to never be afraid to admit my age but that all may change now. When I was younger (like 8) I used to think that I felt a little bit more mature on my birthday, a little bit older. Now I feel it but it is more a constant feeling in my back and knees. I guess working at a job for the last 10 years where you are always on your feet will do that to you. I still can't believe I am this old. I always thought by this age I would have it more "together" but what can I say, I'm still the same disorganized, quiet, always sticking her foot in her mouth person I was 10 years ago. That's okay though. As my birthday present to myself I did not allow myself to do any housework on friday (something I am now regretting today). It did give me time to go for a walk, take a bath and a nap! Even Abby seemed a little bit happier that day which was her present to me. Jason and I went out to dinner but I don't know if we will attempt that anytime again soon. One of us ate while the other one held Abby. All in all, it was a pretty good day. We were going to try to go to Thanksgiving Point on Saturday to look at the gardens but we ran out of time. I wish there where 2 saturdays every weekend, one to do errands and chores and the other to have fun. Jason would love to find a job where he can work 4 10 hours shifts (As opposed to what seems to be 5 10 hours shifts right now). On a side note, Abby is doing really well. She had more than her normal amount of outings the last few days so she has been a little bit crankier. I promise though that if you are one of those who saw her cranky the last few days, she really is cute and happy and has the sweetest laugh. She is the queen of imitation. Jason uses that to his advantage. If she is not falling asleep at bedtime, he can look at her and pretend to be going to sleep. He'll yawn and close his eyes and she will close her eyes and fall asleep. The other day she was looking at me while I was chewing a piece of gum and she started moving her mouth like she was chewing gum too. So cute. Well that is all the news for now. We love you all!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! Woo-hoo! The big 3-0! Nice!
    Abby sounds so stinkin cute! The imitation thing sounds adorable! I hope you have it on video - that is truly a talent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your birthday was good. That is so neat to hear that Abby imitates you guys. She is getting so big and progressing so well it sounds like. I am so happy she is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I feel so bad I totally missed your Birthday!!!! I'm sorry sweetie!! Well Happy Birthday late!!! haha What a lame Sister! LOL!

    ReplyDelete