Sunday, May 31, 2009

So much to do....

Life has felt so crazy lately. Abby has had more outings than I think mom can handle. I don't think there has been one day in the last two weeks that we haven't been running an errand. Maybe it is just because of the warm weather. Last Monday we finally went and bought some plants for the yard and the garden. I am so excited for our vegetables! We got a tomato plant, red and yellow bell peppers, zucchini, straight neck squash and jalapenos, serranos and poblanos. I thought Jason was just getting jalapenos but we now have 3 peppers. Pretty funny considering I don't like spicy food. Today at church the teacher mentioned he planted broccoli (the lesson was on provident living so it was not off topic). I am definitely going to plant that next year!! We eat so much broccoli and it would be so much nicer to grow and freeze than to buy tons of frozen bags. Hopefully next year we can get started earlier and plant more. We really want asparagus. There is a company that sells year old plants so you get asparagus the same year you plant. We didn't order in time this year. Abby has also had trips to the store this week. I have been going everywhere to get the ingredients for the bread from Mindy's bread class (I am so excited to try it out) but I think I just need to take a trip to the Lehi Roller Mills. For those of you who don't know about the bread class, you should check it out!! The name of the company is Pantry Secrets. (Mindy, I hope you don't mind that I am advertising your classes!) Family, if you are out here visiting I will take you to one. The bread takes an hour to make from start to finish and you can use the dough to create so many things!! It is just what I needed. It is lower fat than regular bread recipes (great for Abby's diet needs) and costs much less than buying different bread products (great for our budget)! Friday we went and redeemed my free birthday meal at Tucanos. Love It!! It's weird though, last time we went I called for a reservation and they said they didn't take reservations until after 8:00 pm. This time I called to get a reservation so we wouldn't have to wait for a long time with Abby. I asked for the earliest one thinking it would be 8:00 and they said "how about 5:00?" It is just so weird because it seems like every time I call for reservations they tell me a different story. Sorry to everyone who went with us last time, wish they would have given us an actual reservation then. Abby is getting so big I can't believe it. I would guess she is close to 14 and 1/2 lbs now. She is getting a lot better at tummy time and can now keep her head steady when you pull her up into a sitting position. She loves to laugh and to chatter. She makes this adorable face that Jason calls the Bill Cosby face. I have pictures!! I just have to try to get the computer working downstairs. Last time I used it, the SD port wasn't reading (refer back to the luck of the Alberts). She has her next appointment with the geneticist in a couple of weeks. Hopefully all goes well. They are going to also run some preliminary tests on Jason and I to see if either of us actually have MCAD rather than just being carriers. We'll see how that goes. Sorry if this bored anyone to tears. We love you all and hope all is well with each of you!

P.S. Does anyone do "The Grocery Game"? I am thinking about signing up but was wondering if it really works?

2 comments:

  1. I am jealous of your garden! I had high ambitions to plant one but I feel like time is running out! As for the grocery game...I think I may have tried it but I don't know that it is worth the money. I sign up for the pinching your pennies newsletters. Go to www.pinchingyourpennies.com and they have all the sales for Utah stores. Start collecting your coupons and collect only one you'll use. Then I just check out the sales each week from the newsletter and see where I will get the most deals. It is kind of fun once you start saving...and FREE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would probably plant a garden or herbs if I had a green thumb!! I am glad you guys enjoy it. Glad Abby is learning new things. That is awesome she can keep her head up. Experiencing new things are always exciting.

    ReplyDelete