Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Luck of the Alberts

So Jason and I always say that we have bad luck and it is quite true. I know those of you who believe in "The Secret" probably think it is from our negative attitude but when there is so much undeniable truth of our bad luck it is hard to think otherwise. Well with me it is probably due more to my rash decision making but with Jason it really is bad luck. For example, on several occasions when dining out with several people at the table Jason always seems to be the one who they either mess up his order or there is something like a hair or piece of metal in his food (yes you read that correct, he has had a piece of metal in his food before). Well I have been trying to reverse that luck. I have a new habit lately of entering contests, mostly because we could really use the prize money. I figure someone has to win and if we don't try then we never will. If we enter enough, we are bound to win one, right? Well Monday night Jason received a phone call. We had actually won a contest!! Woohoo! Well there was a catch. I guess the contest we had entered was for a free meal. (I honestly don't remember entering this one) but instead we won the grand prize of a 2 night stay at a bed and breakfast (I'm sure though it would have ended up being one of those seminars where they try to sell you a time share). Jason explained we had an infant who we would bring with us but they would not accommodate children. Well we are not ready to leave Abby with anyone for a few hours let alone over night so we declined. Alas, they did not offer us the free meal either. Hopefully that wasn't the only contest that we will win. Keep your fingers crossed for us :)

2 comments:

  1. That is terrible about when you eat out, they mess up your orders. I would be very upset too. Cool to hear about you guys winning the contest. I hear you on it is kind of hard to just let someone watch Abby and up and go out.

    ReplyDelete