Monday, May 11, 2009

New Goals!

So I have been thinking about the New Years Resolutions I made and how they haven't really been working out so I have decided to modify. Here goes.
1. Use spell check on by blog postings because when I re read them later, I notice so many typos.
2. Stop watching so much TV. I don't really watch TV so much as like to have the background noise but I can also get that from music. Also, I have caught myself watching Oprah a few times. While she does have some interesting topics, I don't want to become one of those women who says "Well Oprah says..."
3. Work out. While I haven't been able to make it to the aerobics class, the weather outside is getting nicer and I need to go walking more often. Twice a week isn't getting me anywhere. I also need to work in some push ups, sit ups and planks into my day. They don't take that long.
4. Make my meals ahead of time. Some days I make Jason a lunch for the next day and I will make mine at the same time. I need to do this every evening because it is hard to make a healthy meal while holding a crying child and that is when I grab the bag of chips. No more chips!!
5. Plant at least something! We haven't been able to plant a garden yet because all the good weather days are the Saturdays I'm working and Jason can't get a garden ready and watch Abby at the same time. If we don't get the garden in then I want to at least get in some tomatoes and some herbs. Maybe next year we can get a better garden in.
6. Take care of myself. The fly lady says you should get dressed to the tying of shoes everyday. While I shun shoes when in the house, I definitely want to appear my best. I have gotten out of the habit since I haven't been working but need to try harder. No more wearing sweats all day and not blow drying my hair!!

I'm sure there are some other areas I need to improve but I can't bite off more than I can chew all at once.

2 comments:

  1. I'll make up a whole package of spaghetti noodles and then put them in a muffin baking sheet. Cover them with saran wrap and freeze them. When it's all frozen they can be taken out and put in ziplock bags for a fast lunch or snack. Just put in microwave for 30 sec with about 5-10 drops of water on them. So fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Casseroles, crock pot meals, and like loafs (meat loaf) are great we have learned. We don't have to spend a good amount of time in the kitchen and we can still have a pretty good meal with little work to make them. That is funny about the watching Oprah. I don't watch her show but have heard things from others who watch her show.

    ReplyDelete