Saturday, January 24, 2009

A new chapter

Today is my first day of maternity leave. I think the reality of my new role in life hasn't sunk in yet. I still feel like maybe I am just on a short vacation or something. It is hard to imagine my life where I am not working full time. For those of you who do not know, I have worked as a pharmacy technician full time for the last 10 and 1/2 years of my life. It has been part of my daily life for so long that it feels like part of who I am, a working woman. My job has been a social outlet for me too. I have made many great friends over the years, some of whom have truly influenced my life and helped make me who I am today. I am not leaving work completely. I will be working about 36 hours a month but that is a big change from 38 a week. Although I am still in the limbo of full time working woman and full time mother for probably about another week or so, I am looking forward to the adventure to come. I have always imagined myself as a stay at home mom. I know it won't be easy as I am sure many of you can attest but I am definitely ready for the change.

3 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie. I know it is scary to have your whole life change. I think you will do great and you will have your hands full with a baby that you won't have time to think about what you are missing. You will be a wonderful mother! Hugs! and give little bean a pat for me!

    Love lots

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you will be a great mom. You are a very caring and loving person. Changes can be good though. Enjoy!! We love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is kind of a transistion...but it will be so worth it. Just enjoy your baby and have fun making your house a home. If you ever want to hang out...call me!

    ReplyDelete