Monday, January 5, 2009

Resolutions

So here it is, once again, way too early in the morning to be awake and I am. This leads me to my first New Years Resolution (which I am just now compiling)

GET MORE SLEEP!!!

Seeing as how the baby will be here soon though, I probably won't succeed on that one.
The problem with my yearly resolutions is that I write them down and forget what they were a month later. Hopefully putting the not so private ones on here will help me remember them. (especially if some one asks "by the way how are you doing with ....."). So here they are.

1. Plant a garden in the spring (and remember to take care of it. I tried growing herbs last year and forgot about them. oops. if they had grown larger I would have had dried herbs with no work)

2. Build our food storage with foods that will actually make a meal (right now, i have just been buying a lot of cans when they are on sale so I have alot of canned chicken, corn bread mix, green beans and pineapple among other things. I'd have to get pretty creative to make a meal out of that!)

3. Try to keep the house in some sort of presentable order.

4. Once I am cleared to work out again, go to the church aerobics class and get healthy!!

5. Start having family home evening every week.

I'm sure there are many more things I can improve on but this is a start. Don't want to overwhelm myself (which could happen quite easily).

We hope that everyone had a great and safe New Years. Our New Years Eve was alot of fun. We went over to the Barth's and enjoyed the company of good friends. However, at 2:00 am on New Years Day, Jason started to get the stomach flu or something. He was pretty much out of commission all day. Between that and having to work Christmas, he did not have the best holiday season. Hopefully next year we will have a better one.

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow sounds like you have a lot of resolutions. I started writing mine too but we will see if I can accomplish them. Hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diana!!! I'm so glad you found me!! You look great and I'm so excited for your little girl coming!!! I'm much better at blogging than facebooking, so you'll hear from me more here. I miss you!! -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Al got sick that is no fun! Good luck with your resolutions! It is always hard to change but it is totally worth it in the end!

    Sorry you can't sleep! I hope you get some rest! When is the Offcial due date?

    ReplyDelete