Monday, January 12, 2009

There are many women in my life who I admire for their amazing qualities. One of these women is Jason's older sister Carly. Carly and I were originally due a week apart but they have moved me all over the calendar. Carly had her baby boy on Saturday, the 11th. We now have a new nephew named Caleb. One of the reasons I admire Carly so much is her strength and her positive attitude. Thursday night I called her to get some tips on what to pack for the hospital and ask general questions about labor and delivery. (She is a pro, this was baby number 4 for her). While I am sitting here in complete fear and anxiety of what is going to happen to me, she was so ready and excited and kept telling me I could do it. She really did make me feel a little better (one of my not so admirable traits is I am really good at worrying so I don't think I will feel really positive about the whole labor thing until afterwards when I see our new baby.) We talked to Carly on Sunday and she was still so upbeat and positive so that makes me feel even better. Thank you Carly for your strength and encouragement.
When I went to the doctor last Wednesday, they said I was starting to dilate and I have been having Braxton Hicks contractions a lot. Who knows though when our little girl will come. I hear first timers can be dilating for weeks. We will keep everyone posted on how things are progressing.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad Carly can be so supportive and help you calm your nerves a bit! You just have to tell your self billions of women have given birth!! You can do it too!! I hope your not too nervous and worried about it!! Hugs!!! and keep us posted!

    Love lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes I am so glad you have such a great person to help you. You need all the help you can get. I wish we could be there. I would have loved to be there for you guys and I am so bummed that we can't be there to meet your little one. We are always thinking of you. Well take care and please keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diana you'll be awesome! I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My comment would be, go into it wide eyed and in awe. You'll only walk this path once in your life (your first child/first delivery). Have a wonderful time! It'll be a wild ride!!!

    ReplyDelete