Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ramblings of an emotional pregnant woman.

I am an emotional person already but all these crazy hormones put me over the edge. I have cried many times in the last couple of months. My poor husband probably wonders what he has gotten himself into. Well the other day I went down to the church distribution center to pick up a few things. I was standing in line behind a family who had just gone through the Temple for the first time. I could hear them talking with the cashier about how happy they were and what a great experience it was. Ok, cue the water works. Luckily, I was able to hold back and only I knew that I was on the verge of tears. (Imagine trying to explain to one of the cute little old volunteer ladies why you are crying) At that moment it hit me so hard what an amazing adventure we are about to embark on. My family is growing and I am so thankful for the blessings of the gospel and of the Temple. I've read billions of articles and books about the physical care of babies and children but at this moment I also realized how important it is to also prepare to take care of your family spiritually and emotionally. As a parent, you need to be able to have a balance in all aspects of raising your children. I hope that I can remember this experience. I am so excited for this adventure to begin!!

5 comments:

  1. I wish you all the best over the next several months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish you the best in everything. I don't know the feeling of being pregnant or being a mommy just yet but I bet it a wonderful feeling to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the hormones hahahaha!!

    It is a big step and responsibility! But It is one I know you will be great at!!
    Hugs and much love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hormones make it not fun huh? Hahaha. I guess I will have to wait and see for myself in the future when I get pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant to post a comment long before now, but since you don't have much longer I wanted to wish you well...The joys of bringing a new life into this world, AMAZING!! I hate to say this, but the emotions don't get any better...let's just say I cried ALOT afterward too. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete